Thursday 11 August 2011

My new obsession!

Beautiful swirly icing!

Recently I have developed an obsession with making cupcakes (the kids love them, they are really easy to make and they enjoy making them). Although I have always feel slightly envious when I see beautifully decorated cupcakes with swirly icing. When I attempt to put icing on mine, it usually rolls off the sides and never tastes as delicious as it should.

Using my amazing new decorator pump
Until recently I thought I would never create cupcakes that looked too good to eat. Mine have always tasted yummy but need to improve their appearance! So you can imagine how excited I was when I discovered that I could indeed aspire to make perfect cupcakes ...

A few weeks ago I went to a Pampered Chef party and one of the activities was decorating cupcakes using a special decorator pump. We got to try a range of nozzles but my favourite, of course, was the one that created swirls. As soon as I used it, I knew I had to buy it.

Today I used it for the first time and it was fantastic! It's so simple to use, even my one year old had a go. My cupcakes aren't perfect yet but I intend to practice as much as I can. I have just over a month until my daughter's fifth birthday and I am determined to bake the most delicious cake, decorated with swirls. I am going to enjoy all the practicing and I think the kids may do too!


Yummy cupcakes that taste as good as they look!

2 comments:

  1. I like cupcakes. I also enjoy travel, romantic moonlight strolls, underwear models and licking strangers on the tube.

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the travel and romantic moonlight strolls, not so keen on the other two!

    ReplyDelete